Welcome to Hestia’s Mental Health Club!
Are you feeling anxious, bored, aimless, scattered, sluggish, restless, frustrated, and/or unproductive at home right now?
You are definitely not alone. We are all scrambling to put the pieces of our lives back together after COVID-19 and the new normal of sheltering in place.
This time can be a real gift to focus on ourselves and our wellbeing without a gazillion external distractions that normally compete for our attention. The challenge is how to tend to our emotional, mental, social and physical wellbeing when our favorite gyms, yoga studios, meditation circles, co-working spaces, coffee shops, and bars have all closed up shop overnight.
As Dr. Russell G. Buhr, a pulmonologist at U.C.L.A, mentioned in a recent New York Times article, “Trying to preserve some sense of normalcy is really important for people’s well-being.” He goes on to say, “Maintaining a routine, like getting up and getting dressed and doing what you usually do, can positively affect mental health.”
We created this online club as a direct response to our immediate needs during COVID-19. For the past 5 years, our retreat business has been centered around offering transformative and healing in-person community experiences, which are not accessible right now due to the health crisis. So we’ve brought our talented community of coaches, performance artists, healers, fitness experts, and personal growth facilitators together to create this online mental health club. “Staying in” has never been this rewarding!
- A curated routine that includes research-based activities for your mental, emotional, physical, social and spiritual health.
- A community of people who also seek meaningful connection.
- Exposure to new ways of caring for yourself (intentional goal setting, sound healing, group reiki, strength training, dance, singing, healthy cooking and even comedy!).
- Practical tools and exercises that you can do off-line and integrate into your regular life (even when sheltering in is no longer needed).
- Curated recommendations of high-quality online events vetted by our team
- We host all our mental health club activities online via zoom.
- We recommend joining one of the opening circles to get grounded for the day and then picking and choosing what you’d like to participate in. You can hop on and off zoom during the day just like how you would attend a gym class.
- Each class will include an interactive component to support social connection. We believe online, pre-recorded videos are boring and further fuel our sense of loneliness and isolation.
- We are offering the launch of our curated events for a suggested sliding scale donation of $15-$45.
- You can pay before or after any event.
- Limited on funds? Let us know in the application form and we can offer you a scholarship spot. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Calendar of Events
2nd half of April
2nd half of April
In our first week of the mental health club launch, we discovered that zoom overwhelm is a serious threat to our mental health and having daily programming on zoom is not sustainable for our wellbeing!
For this second half of April, we’ve designed an assortment of self-guided and community activities to support different aspects of your well-being during this intense time and activate your creative spark for spring.
- GROUND with moments of sacred stillness
- NOURISH our bodies, hearts and souls
- PLAY/MOVE to stay in touch with our inner child
- CONNECT with ourselves, each other and mother nature
- PRACTICE GRATITUDE to navigate these emotionally turbulent times
- CREATE what wants to move through us as an unique expression of our souls
Self-Guided Wellness Activities
- WAKE UP & GROUND
with this 5-min spring meditation led by Nicole
- NOURISH your body with these simple, healthy recipes curated by Melissa & Peter
- BE IN GRATITUDE by picking a digital gratitude card for inspiration
- DANCE to this soundtrack
- CONNECT WITH NATURE by creating a nature altar with what you find outdoors and printing out this lovely nature-inspired image for your home created by Savio
- FALL ASLEEP to this relaxing poem by Marisol